Become a Foster Parent
- Get more information...Call 816-508-6257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learning More...Enroll in STARS classes at NO cost. STARS is a 27-hour course required for all Missouri foster parents and takes anywhere from four to nine weeks to complete.
- Foster/Adoptive home Study… While you are taking the STARS course, you will complete a background check and all your paperwork. Also during this time, your family liaison will make three visits to your home as part of the “home study” process.
- Licensure Approved… When all your paperwork is complete (including background check), you have successfully finished the STARS course, and your family liaison has completed your home study, you are eligible for licensing. Approximately two weeks after submission of your licensing form, you should receive your license from the state, allowing you to take children into your home.
Requirements for licensing:
- May be single or married
- Must be age 21 or over
- Must be a citizen of the United States or be able to verify lawful immigration status
- May be from a variety of economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds
- Must be in general overall good physical and emotional health
- Must have adequate income to meet family’s needs
- Must have adequate space for privacy (home ownership not required)
- Must have the ability to love and let go
- Must demonstrate an ability to protect and nurture children, meet developmental needs and address developmental delays, connect children to safe, nurturing relationships intended to last a lifetime, and work as members of a professional team